Monday, 20 May 2013

30 Day Lolita Challenge – Day 1

30dayloli3

I’ve seen this challenge around the internet for a while, and thought the other day: I would like to give it a go! It’s the perfect opportunity to re-inspire my lolita fashion hobby as I haven’t had the chance to wear it as often as I would like recently.

Additionally! Coming on this 30 day journey with me is one of my good lolita friends Hester! We thought it’s be a lovely idea to do this challenge together to keep each other motivated. I will link to Hester’s answers at the end of each post :)

I’m looking forward to doing this challenge and hope you enjoy it!~

ribbon_line3

Day 1 – 10 things about your lolita bubble.
Day 2 – 10 things you love in lolita.
Day 3 – 10 things you hate in lolita.
Day 4 – 10 different kinds of food you like.
Day 5 – 10 items from your wishlist.
Day 6 – 10 things you can’t live without in lolita.
Day 7 – 10 people who inspire your lolita style.
Day 8 – 10 songs that inspire you for lolita.
Day 9 – 10 things you will never do in lolita.
Day 10 – What’s in your bag?
Day 11 – One day in your lolita life in pictures.
Day 12 – A picture of yourself before lolita came in to your life.
Day 13 – A picture of your favorite sweets.
Day 14 – A picture of your dream item.
Day 15 – A picture of your last lolita purchase.
Day 16 – Your outfit for the day.
Day 17 – What do you want more then anything right now?
Day 18 – A picture of your favorite lolita style.
Day 19 – What’s in your make-up bag?
Day 20 – A picture of a lolita friend.
Day 21 – Your favorite fictional lolita.
Day 22 – A picture of your room.
Day 23 – A picture of your handwriting.
Day 24 – A picture of you from a meet.
Day 25 – Your favorite lolita themed artwork.
Day 26 – Your Facebook profile picture.
Day 27 – One song that fits your favorite lolita style.
Day 28 – A picture of the perfect lolita location.
Day 29 – A picture of a lolita you would love to meet for real.
Day 30 – A photo of yourself taken today and 3 good things that’s happened over the last 30 days.

ribbon_line3

Without further ado, here we go!

Day 1:  10 Things about your lolita bubble.

1. I first purchased a lolita item when I was 20, after years of
     admiring pretty girls I saw on the internet. I first saw a
     lolita on the livejournal fashion community Fruits. I think
     it was Crazysporkiam. I thought she looked amazing, and so
     confident. I wanted to be like that.

2. My first lolita pieces were oldschool loli dresses from BTSSB.
     Plain dresses without prints. I dressed pretty much like the
     kinda style Momoko has in Kamikaze Girls. I was into this
     style for about a year. Then I bought a skirt from Angelic
     Pretty. It was Fruits Parlour.

     3. Sweet lolita, and especially Angelic Pretty, quickly became
     my obsession by my second year wearing lolita. I liked to dress OTT a lot. Pink, blue and yellow were my favourite outfit colours.

     4. Over the past year I have found myself liking classic lolita
     more and more, and feeling uncomfortable in sweet. This
     January I sold most of my sweet clothing; keeping some pieces
     to use for fairy/pop kei only. I have a small collection of
     classic dresses now from Innocent World, Emily Temple Cute,
     and Taobao.

5. I love lolita meet ups as they usually involve tea and cake,
     and a museum/gallery visit or crafting day. These cultural
     and girly things really appeal to me as they were
     already my interests before I got into lolita fashion. Though it's
     been a while since I went to a meet up due to my
     location and I miss them.

    6. I met my best friend through lolita fashion. It was one of
     those moments where you meet someone and it’s like you have
     known them your entire life. Her name is kairi. We met for
     the first time on a train to go to an event in London to meet
     Misako Aoki. People at the event the same day thought we were
     sisters. Within hours we were super close. Kai and I are very
     different people but the connection between us works despite
     this. Opposites attract.

     7. My old dream dress in lolita used to be Candy Fairy from
     Angelic Pretty in the sax blue x pink colourway. I obtained
     it a few years ago. It lasted as something amazing for me for
     a few months. Then it was like it had been too hyped and I
     lost my enthusiasm for it. I was really sad. It's since
     been sold.

  8. I always always always wear false lashes when I wear lolita.
     Having long full doll-like lashes completes the look for me.
     It also adds to the feminine ideals of the fashion imo.

9. Loli has also helped my fear of public speaking and being
on stage - through taking part in various fashion shows at
conventions I’ve discovered that being on stage is actually really fun!

     10. Lolita introduced me to the amazingness of bloomers.
They cover your modesty going up stairs. They are super
comfy and make great PJs. In Summer they even make
cute shorts! I own multiple pairs in many different colours.

ribbon_line3


xoxo

3 comments:

  1. super cute post! can't wait to read the rest of your challenges :) I've always loved Lolita but never really felt comfortable in it. You're right about bloomers though, they are AMAZING!!
    x<3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to do this challenge too! I wasn't sure what my "bubble" is though? What's the rough idea? :)

    And lovely blog btw :D Just starting to get mine up and running (changing it from a collection blog to lolita) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deloris Heald and Rory Zitur were supposedly people who frequented an online "swingers" chatroom, though
    all three knew each other. We have used Citadel for its ease of installation, configuration,
    and use. You do not need to know personal details and just
    talk to people that are looking for the kind of person you are pretending.


    Look at my web blog ... chaturbate hack 1.1.rar password

    ReplyDelete