Tuesday, 21 May 2013

30 Day Lolita Challenge - Day 2




Day 2 – 10 things you love in lolita.
Day 3 – 10 things you hate in lolita.
Day 4 – 10 different kinds of food you like.
Day 5 – 10 items from your wishlist.
Day 6 – 10 things you can’t live without in lolita.
Day 7 – 10 people who inspire your lolita style.
Day 8 – 10 songs that inspire you for lolita.
Day 9 – 10 things you will never do in lolita.
Day 10 – What’s in your bag?
Day 11 – One day in your lolita life in pictures.
Day 12 – A picture of yourself before lolita came in to your life.
Day 13 – A picture of your favorite sweets.
Day 14 – A picture of your dream item.
Day 15 – A picture of your last lolita purchase.
Day 16 – Your outfit for the day.
Day 17 – What do you want more then anything right now?
Day 18 – A picture of your favorite lolita style.
Day 19 – What’s in your make-up bag?
Day 20 – A picture of a lolita friend.
Day 21 – Your favorite fictional lolita.
Day 22 – A picture of your room.
Day 23 – A picture of your handwriting.
Day 24 – A picture of you from a meet.
Day 25 – Your favorite lolita themed artwork.
Day 26 – Your Facebook profile picture.
Day 27 – One song that fits your favorite lolita style.
Day 28 – A picture of the perfect lolita location.
Day 29 – A picture of a lolita you would love to meet for real.
Day 30 – A photo of yourself taken today and 3 good things that’s happened over the last 30 days.



Day 2 – 10 things you love in lolita.

1. The extravagant dresses. The dresses look beautiful, like
they are from my dreams. They look like dresses Marie
Antoinette would wear if she were to time-travel to the
modern day.

2. The quality. Attention to detail is important in Lolita
clothing. The lace is beautiful chiffon or cotton, and the
ruffles and bows all finished to a high standard to add to
the gorgeous look of the dress. A floppy sad bow is
blasphemous.

3. The petticoats. They remind me of a by gone era and are an
unmistakable symbol of femininity - its floaty light chiffony
fabric is such a fun girly garment to wear.

4. Printed tights and socks. From cute stars and hearts to
amazing historical art prints, these are one of my favourite
aspects that make up the lolita look.

5. Its modesty. I like the many layers and how it leaves only
hands/arms and faces bare. Not because of any prudish reasons
as I love wearing bralets and short skirts as well, but
because it's such a comforting rare feeling that I wasn't
brought up with. I love the feeling of putting on all the
layers to reach a final desired put-together look; it's fun
getting dressed when I wear Lolita. I also love how it makes
my body look - covering all my less-liked areas so easily
haha ;)

6. The friends I have made through it. Lolita is a fashion that
is based on a close internet community, and through that,
close local communities. Because who else is going to
understand our interest; it's an unusual one after all :P I
have met so many wonderful and intriguing people through this
fashion, some of which I now call my close friends. I admire
all lolita as people because of the courage it takes to wear
it in public.

7. The confidence it has given me. As you (unfortunately) have
to deal with positive and negative public reactions and
behavior, it really does help develop you as a person to be
more confident and to take life less seriously.

8. The meet ups. They can range from extravagant tea parties at
posh hotels with lolitas from all over the world to casual
coffee in a local cafe with a few friends. I like the mixture
of days out that we can do!

9. The positive feeling it gives me. When I wear Lolita I feel
more like myself than in other clothing, it makes me so
happy. Who doesn't want to feel like a princess.

10. The wigs. Having beautiful long curly doll-like hair without
getting extensions/spending ages curling my own hair/trying
to get my hair to be thicker. Cost-effective and so easy!!


~*~Hester's Day 2 Answers~*~

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment